MEDIA ARTS INTERNSHIPS
Are you interested in getting real-world experience in the media field? Then apply to be an intern at Tampa Bay Arts and Education Network! We are looking for self-motivated and hard-working students to join our team.
Every TBAE intern will leave this internship knowing what it takes to be a professional working in television. They will also learn to produce and edit their own promotional video or PSA to use in their professional reel. In addition, upon completion of the program, you will receive a reference letter from the department supervisor.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM CURRICULUM
• Write and execute a script
• Execute social media about original programs
• Gain teleprompter skills
• Learn Floor Director Skills in TBAE’s state of the art studios
• Learn video production
• Learn to set up camera and lighting equipment
• Learn Technical Directing in TBAE’s Studio Control during productions
• Train on live multi-camera productions in the field
• Train in Adobe Photoshop
• Learn how to edit video using Final Cut X software
• Create a final project to be broadcasted on TBAE's cable channels
• Applicants must reside in Hillsborough County, Florida, or have a Hillsborough County address.
• Applicants must either be currently enrolled as a student or just graduated, as we allow a student to participate one semester after graduation.
• All internships are unpaid and any lodging or transportation needs are the responsibility of the applicant.
• A minimum commitment of 35 hours per program period for High School students and 55 hours per program period for College students is required. TBAE will be flexible to accommodate each student's school schedule.
• Applications will not be accepted after the application deadline
APPLYING FOR AN INTERNSHIP
Tampa Bay Arts & Education Network provides equal employment opportunities to all employees/interns and applicants for employment or internship and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment or internship, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
FALL 2022 INTERNSHIPS (AUGUST - NOVEMBER, 15 WEEKS)
Application Period: May 16, 2022, through July 22, 2022 (Closes at 4 PM)
Internship Starts: August 8th
Internship End: November 18th
SPRING 2023 INTERNSHIPS (JANUARY - APRIL, 15 WEEKS)
Application Period: October 3, 2022, through December 9, 2022 (Closes at 4 PM)
Internship Starts: January 9th
Internship End: April 28th
SUMMER 2023 INTERNSHIPS (MAY -JULY, 12 WEEKS)
Application Period: March 6, 2023, through April 21, 2023 (Closes at 4 PM)
Internship Starts: May 8th
Internship End: July 28th